Monday, March 24

Crying Out At Pasadena's Abortion Clinic

God is so good.

Remember Shin encouraged us to go pray and pass out flyers at an abortion clinic? Well we found this Planned Parenthood thingy in Pasadena. Basically they do counseling for parents, people who are becoming parents; they have abortion services; they are advocating pro-choice.

So this morning, after my driving test (praise the Lord I paaassed!), I went to join John and Sarah who were already there. Apparently people from the clinic made them leave so they had to move to the bus stop (which was right in front of the clinic anyways, plus it has shade and benches).

So we had two big signs: “God Loves You and Your Baby” and “Inside You Is A Miracle of Life”, we put red tape with the word “LIFE” written in black on our mouths, and we prayed.

Then we saw a young girl walking towards the clinic entrance, Sarah immediately torn off her tape (ouch!) and walked to her. This girl found out she was pregnant and wanted an abortion, but after Sarah talked to her and prayed for her, she decided not to abort her baby and left! HALLELUJAH GOD SAVED A LIFE!!!!!! And soon Shin joined us, put on the tape, and held up the sign (she’s amazing, she stood there in the blazing sun for soo long and never sat down! Oh, and she made dozens of awesome flyers for us to pass out!).

As we continued to pray, and I saw a girl wearing a black tank top about to cross the streets (ok, here’s the thing, Johnny has the LIFE tape over his mouth right? And he would spot these people before we do and he would poke one of us and point to that person so we can pray for her XD). I went to her and said, “Hi, I just wanna tell you that God loves you and God bless you. Is there anything I can pray for you about?” She told me to pray for her “problems”, and for her son. I was like wow because she’s my age! Her name is Eennie and her baby son’s name is Ezekiel. Currently Eennie is working but she would like to go back to school again. So I prayed for her, I praised God for the courageous she made to keep the baby, and I blessed this little family.

Then we split up to two groups: John and Shin stayed on one side, Sarah and I went across the street. Eennie was there waiting for the bus, so I went up to her again. I told her what we were doing, and asked her how she decided not to abort. “It was hard,” she said, “When I found out at 17 that I was pregnant, I panicked, I didn’t know what to do, what to think, or even what to feel. I was especially worried about what my mom’s gonna think of me. Abortion was one of my options. But my baby was already 3 months old, he has hands, legs, eyes, everything, and I just couldn’t do it. So I kept the baby, and I’ve never being so happy…he’s so smart, and so cute! And my mom accepted him and took care of him when I go to work. His dad comes once a week to spend time with him, and every time the dad comes to take him away, I would feel so lonely. I loved my son!” Oh God praise You! I gave her my number and told her to call me anytime to needs encouragement, prayer, or anything. As we talked, another lady walked up to us. Her name was Olivia and she works across from the clinic; she said that she was very encouraged by what we are doing because she has been praying for the clinic (Praise God!!). I found out from her that Planned Parenthood came out of no where and hasn’t been there for very long. Lord let Your kingdom fall in this place and end abortion!

We kept praying and waving our signs when all of sudden Johnny started to preach! He shouted at the top of his voice, proclaiming God’s love and declaring that all lives are valuable. He told every car that passes “God loves you, my friend!”, he shouted about the millions of lives lost, about how “Terrorism can never end, but abortion can!”, and he even walked to the middle of the intersection during a red light to preach to the cars waiting for the green light!!!! Sarah and I were just like omg and were so encouraged.

Lots of cars honked at us, gave us thumbs ups, a couple people stopped to encourage us, and some gave us the finger, cussed at us, and this one lady shouted at John about how instead of doing this we should be “helping those who really need help, like going to Iraq”….yea, but strangely, no matter how they opposed us, I didn’t feel discouraged. Usually I would feel pretty bad when people criticize me, but today, even when a man yelled “F*** You!” at me, I didn’t care! It’s like God’s put a protection around me and I just wanted to share His love with them! Sarah said that she felt that way, too!

When Sarah yelled out “God loves you!”, I started yelling too! I wanted to let these people know that God loves them, loves every one He created, and that abortion breaks His heart. Even when John and Sarah left, and it was just Shin and me, I wasn’t scared to preach during red lights, to proclaim the truth about abortion and God’s love. Wow, Go GOD!

Then Jasmine joined us and she passed out a bunch of fliers to people entering and leaving the clinic. Soon Sarah came back, along with her entire crew from UCR: Ruth, Bryan, and Karen. We all prayed, cried out, and Sarah started preaching (it was amazing, there was power in her words, and she wasn’t afraid to tell people straight to their faces that abortion is WRONG). The Holy Spirit was moving among us.

Then we prayed for an old couple, Stephanie and Porqui. After we prayed for them, Stephanie’s left wrist, which was smashed and broken at many places, stopped hurting! She was like, “…It doesn’t hurt anymore!!” PRAISE THE LORD!!

Finally we joined hands in prayer. I left with Sarah and her friends, and Jasmine and Shin stayed. It was already 3 in the afternoon, we’ve been there for 4 hours.

So many other things happened, and my heart is still pounding fast in excitement.

GOD YOU ARE GOOD!!!

This is just the beginning.

11 comments:

Stephineeee said...

OH MY GOSH!!! you people with spring break this week!!

lord, i pray that you keep giving alice this boldness and security. her faith is so strong and i pray that you continue to breath fire into her spirit. Jesus let there be miracles and blessings happening all around her. in your name, amen.

jasypants said...

ahhhh! hehehe! oh man! there was MORE. today was awesome. yeaa i didn't feel discouraged either! ^^ GOD IS AMAZING. HE DOES ANSWER PRAYERS. I prayed to Him asking Him to just give us boldness and have mercy on us, show us who He is once again. and other things too. fun times. gonna miss you throughout the week!

<33jasypants

johnny said...

i don't even have to update my blog for today. you said it all, Alice. we'll definitely be doing this more this week and keep you guys updated on what's going on. Rock on, God's people! March toward the gates of hell and break it apart for they cannot prevail the Truth.

Cheezy said...

AAAAAHHHH! AHHHH! I WAS LAUGHING AND CLAPPING WITH JOY WHEN I READ YOUR ENTRY! AAAAH! JESUS LOVES YOU AND BLESS YOU ALL! ITS SO GREAT KNOWING YOU AND GROWING IN GOD WITH ALL YOU AMAZING REVIVALISTS! AAAAAHHH!

Sarah Wang said...

Definitely a huge breakthrough for me... Today was wonderful and powerful. I've never felt so courageous before, but it felt so... "natural"! Odd. I believe it's because God's Spirit was on me, and the rest of the gang so we were not afraid of ANYTHING or ANYONE!

I'm so proud of you, Alice!!
Those two signs were FABULOUS!! xD

Bethel in a few hours, weeee~~~ Can't wait! xD

-sala<3

Anonymous said...

OH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i hope i can do that with u guys too!!!!

God, how come my spring break is not this week?


u guys ROCK!

the Invaders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the Invaders said...

This is how students should spend time during spring break!

Totally shouting in the desert like John the baptist.

jenni huang said...

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!
Praise God for all the miracles....and you guys are so courageous...!!!
Can i join you guys when i get to LA?!!!

[joy B.] doveseye said...

PRAISE JESUS!!!!!
way to go,guys~~!!

the love of Christ is like flood overtaking the cities!!

shin said...

this is just the begining → true!!!